2018 Spring Spirit Logo Contest Official Rules
Design our logo for the annual Spring Spirit Conference! The winner gets lots of perks–not just bragging rights! You have all raised the bar on logo submissions these past few years, and we want to reward you accordingly. (Well, as much as nonprofit can.)
The designer of the 2018 winning logo will receive*:
1. A $50 gift card to their choice of either Aaron Brothers stores or DickBlick.com! Runner up will get a $25 card. (Both will earn lots of appreciation, too!).
2. Free registration to the 2018 Spring Spirit Conference, an up to $225 value!**
3. Attendance at the exclusive faculty-only dinner the night before the conference to schmooze with editors and agents. Value: priceless!
4. The winning image, with the artist’s signed name, will also be displayed prominently on the SCBWI regional webpage (with international reach) starting Dec 2017, in the regional newsletter, and will be unveiled in person at our region's Holiday Mixer.
Rules. Please read carefully!
1. Entrants must be a current member of SCBWI CA North/Central. (Yes, we check.)
2. Past winners of the 2016 or 2017 Spring Spirit Logo Contest are not eligible for the 2018 contest. If you won an honorable mention, you’re good to enter.
3. Art may be any medium/style but must be delivered in digital format.
4. Must include “SCBWI Spring Spirit 2018”within the artwork. Bonus points for including “canorthcentral.scbwi.org.”
5. Plan for a place to sign your name and include your website in the image BUT DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THE SUBMISSION (it will be added after the winner is chosen through blind judging).
6. Images must be a JPEG attachment and sized at 1024 x 373 pixels (or 3.413 x 1.243 inches according to Photoshop) at 300 dpi.
7. Entries must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on November 5, 2017.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
1. Relationship to the theme Spring Spirit
2. Appropriateness for children’s literature
3. Submission requirements met
Some useful info
Have you created your artwork in traditional/physical media and need it scanned? These stores have scanners that can convert your image to a file for your disc or flash drive.
Any questions should be sent to Angelica R. Jackson, CA North/Central’s Illustrator Coordinator, at email@example.com
*The fine print:
*SCBWI CA North/Central will assume all rights to the logo to use appropriately in all conference-related materials and promotions, and logo may possibly appear in future regional postings. Full credit to the artist will be given at every opportunity.
**Free Spring Spirit 2018 registration is for the winning artist only, for the 2018 conference, and is not transferable.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on November 5, 2017.