Contest Official Rules…and Prizes!
The designer of the 2019 winning logo will receive*:
1. Free registration to the 2019 Spring Spirit Conference.**
2. Attendance at the exclusive pre-conference faculty dinner on Friday night. You’ll mingle with authors, illustrators, art directors, agents, and editors who are all on the Spring Spirit Faculty!
3. The winning image, with the artist’s signed name, will also be displayed prominently on the SCBWI regional webpage (with international reach) starting Dec 2018, will be unveiled in person at our region’s Holiday Mixer, and will be on all Spring Spirit handouts and materials.
Rules (Please read carefully!):
1. Entrants must be a current member of SCBWI CA: North/Central. (Yes, we check.)
2. Past winners (1st place) of the 2017 or 2018 Spring Spirit Logo Contest are not eligible for the 2019 contest. (If you won an honorable mention, you’re good to enter.)
3. Art may be any medium/style but must be delivered in digital format.
4. Must include “SCBWI Spring Spirit 2019”within the artwork. Bonus points for including “canorthcentral.scbwi.org.”
5. Plan for a place to sign your name and include your website in the image BUT DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THE SUBMISSION (it will be added after the winner is chosen through blind judging).
6. Images must be a JPEG attachment and sized at 1024 x 373 pixels (or 3.413 x 1.243 inches according to Photoshop) at 300 dpi.
7. You may enter more than one image to the logo contest.
8. Entries must be received at email@example.com by 11:59 PM on November 5, 2018. No exceptions.
Please don’t share your artwork/entry for the logo contest on any social media (until judging is finished). We set up the entries as blind judging and having them on social media means the judges may accidentally see them and put a name to an entry.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
1. Relationship to the theme Spring Spirit.
2. Appropriateness for children’s literature (think reading, books, etc.).
3. Submission requirements met.
4. How well it will reproduce (think contrast, colors, detail, etc.).
Any questions should be sent to CA: North/Central’s Illustrator Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you created your artwork in traditional/physical media and need it scanned? These stores have scanners that can convert your image to a file for your disc or flash drive.
*The fine print:
*SCBWI CA North/Central will assume all rights to the logo to use appropriately in all conference-related materials and promotions, and logo may possibly appear in future regional postings. Full credit to the artist will be given at every opportunity.
**Free Spring Spirit 2019 registration is for the winning artist only, for the 2019 conference, and is not transferable.
***The region reserves the right to not choose, award, or use a winning entry(s), and/or use an alternative process to create a 2019 logo.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received at email@example.com by 11:59 PM on November 5, 2018.